How can I find out if someone is in the Grand Prairie City Jail?
Citizens may call: 972 237-8951 / 8952 / 8955 or inquire in person: by visiting the Detention Centers lobby at 1525 Arkansas Lane, Grand Prairie TX 75052. Detention Staff will take calls and visits by inquiring citizens 24 hours a day 365 days a year.

How can I gain a copy of a police report?
Only Accident reports are on line by going to Visit lexisnexis.com You may request a copy of other reports by email to: pdrecords@gptx.org, Fax to 972 237-8744 Please know you may visit us in person M-F 8am to 5pm, at the Public Safety Building at 1525 Arkansas Lane, 2nd Floor Records Lobby, Grand Prairie, TX 75052. Please note- records is closed 11am to 1pm the last Friday of each month Please be informed police records information is never released over the phone.

How can I gain a copy of an accident report?
You may go to Visit lexisnexis.com or request a report by email pdrecords@gptx.org, by fax 972 237 8744 or in person by visiting the Records Division M-F 8am to 5pm, at 1525 Arkansas Lane, 2nd Floor Records Lobby, Grand Prairie, TX 75052. Please note Records is closed 11am to 1pm the last Friday of each month. Requestors must provide two out of three of the following: the date of the accident, a drivers name or location of the accident.

How do I call the Police Department?
Police Non-Emergency 972 237-8790 Fire Non-Emergency 972 237-8300 Auto Pound 972 237-4100 or 4105 Criminal Investigations 972 237-8750 Communications 972 237-8700 Detention Center 972 237-8952 or 8955 Personnel & Training 972 237-8690 Records 972 237-8740 Property & Evidence 972 237-8811

How can I contact Police Records?
You may call the Records Division at 972 237-8740, email them at pdrecords@gptx.org, Fax at 972 237-8744 or visit in person at 1525 Arkansas Ln, Grand Prairie, TX 75052. Please understand due to confidential laws, records information cannot be released over the phone. Requests for any record held by the Grand Prairie Police Department must be in writing. There may be a cost for documents, materials, and time. All costs for documents and materials comply with the guidelines set by the Attorney Generals Office of the State of Texas: .10 cents per page for paper copies of Offense or Arrest reports, $6.00 for Accident Reports and additional $2.00 to certify any type of report. You may request copies of police reports: By U.S. Mail to the Grand Prairie Police Department, 1525 Arkansas Lane, Grand Prairie, TX 75052 Should you want to visit our Records Lobby in person we are located at 1525 Arkansas Lane, Monday through Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm, excluding holidays.

Can I report crime on-line?
Yes, Citizens may report certain crimes that have already occurred in Grand Prairie using this website by clicking the "REPORT INCIDENT" folder above Please call 9-1-1 to report crimes in progress or you know the suspect. The following Crimes can be reported online: Theft Vandalism Vehicle Burglary Harassing Phone Calls Lost Property

Where is the Grand Prairie Police Department Auto Pound?
The Grand Prairie Police Department Auto Pound is located at 3010 Hardrock Rd, Grand Prairie, TX 75050. You may call the Auto Pound at 972 237-4100, 972 237-4101 or 972 237-4105. The Auto Pound is open 7 days a week: M-F 7:00am to 7:00pm Sat & Sun: 8:00am to 5:00pm. The Auto Pound is closed on ALL Holidays. The Grand Prairie Police Department is responsible for the impounding of vehicles due to traffic accidents, traffic hazards, junk vehicles, arrests, auto accidents and other reasons. Removal of property from vehicles or to view vehicles is permitted 8:00am to 4:00pm daily. Vehicle releases are performed during regular hours. You must be the registered owner or be able to prove ownership with and provide a photo I.D., provide a current driver’s license, current registration and current Insurance then pay the associated fees applied to the impound. Acceptable forms of payment in office: Cash, Master Card, and Visa; Debit or Credit, Apple pay, and Google pay.

Does the Grand Prairie Police Department Auction Vehicles?
Yes, vehicle auctions are held on the second Wednesday of each month. Registration for auction begins at 9:00am, viewing of vehicles for auction begins at 9:30am and bidding begins at 10:00am. Vehicle auctions are held at the auto impound facility at 3010 Hardrock Road, Grand Prairie. A valid driver`s license is required to bid. Buyers must be 17 years or older to be permitted on the lot. You must show a valid driver`s license or ID at time of registration. Only registered bidders will be allowed on the auction sale site. If you do not have a bidder number, you will not be allowed to pass the gates. All vehicles are sold as is, all sales are final. All bids must be paid for the same day by 1:00pm. Cash, Cashier`s Checks, Master Card, Visa, and local business check are accepted. All vehicles must be removed the week of auction by Friday at 6:00pm. The auction is held by Rene Bates Auctioneers and vehicles are sold to the highest bidder.

How do I get someone out of Jail?
The method for getting someone released from jail varies depending on the offense(s) charged. Please contact the Grand Prairie Detention Center for further details. You may make inquiries in the lobby at 1525 Arkansas Lane, Grand Prairie, TX 75052. Please call 972 237-8951 / 8952 / 8955 or inquire in person. Inmates are provided bedding, meals, showers and personal necessities. There is no commissary, so no money is necessary for purchasing items.

Can I visit someone in Jail?
Visitation is only on Sunday from 2:00pm to 4:00pm. There is no list for visitation. Valid identification is required for visitation privileges

Does your department offer fingerprinting?
Yes, Detention Services at 1525 Arkansas Ln, Grand Prairie, Tx, 75052 provides free fingerprinting for Grand Prairie residents on Tuesday and Thursday from 12:00pm to 2:00pm each week. You must provide a valid state ID and print card. Fingerprinting for Concealed Handgun Licensing is performed on Saturdays from 1:00pm to 3:00pm. The fee is $10.00 and you must provide your own print card.

How do I claim property found, lost or recovered?
The Property & Evidence Division public hours are Monday through Friday from 7:00am to 5:00pm. Please note- the Property room is closed 11am to 1pm the first Friday of each month. You may call property room personnel at Phone: 972-237-8861 Fax: 972-237-8714 To claim property, identification, as well as the case number if known is required. Found property that has an identified owner will be held for 90 days and a certified letter or postcard notifying such as the owner will be mailed. Found property that has no known owner will be held 30 days. After the 30 or 90 days have expired, the property will then be disposed of according to Texas Code of Criminal Procedure 18.17. Found abandoned bicycles are kept for 30 days, and then sent for auction.

Where can I pay a citation?
The court administration offices are open Monday through Thursday from 7:00am to 6:00pm except holidays. The Frank W. Robertson Municipal Court Building is located at 200 W. Main Street at the corner of N.W. 2nd Street. A night drop deposit box is available 24 hours a day on the northeast corner of the facility. We have a new searchable citation and warrant database application live online for your convenience. With this search tool you can find out if your citation has moved into warrant status, the amount of fine you owe, a court date, and other important information related to your case. For more information visit the Municipal Court webpage at Citation

What is a Citizen on Patrol?
The Grand Prairie Police Department’s Citizens On Patrol (COP) program provides the opportunity for trained citizen volunteers to assist their police department with designated non-confrontational activities as citizen patrollers and administrative volunteers in order to increase citizen understanding and participation in police activities, enhance crime prevention, and provide additional resources to improve service to the community. To become a COP volunteer with the Grand Prairie Police Department, you must meet the following minimum requirements: Attend the Citizens Police Academy Ability to recognize, understand and report suspicious activity. Skill in communicating effectively with individuals. Be capable of patrolling on foot or in a vehicle, capable of writing a correct and legible report. You must be at least 21 years of age. Possess a valid Texas driver’s license and proof of insurance. Must have never been convicted of a felony, and pass a background check. Successfully complete a training program provided by the police department.

Does your department offer a Citizens Police Academy?
The Grand Prairie Police Department Citizen Police Academy (CPA) is an educational program designed to familiarize the public with the nature of police work.  Students are encouraged to share this realistic view of the department with other citizens to improve the efficiency of law enforcement in their neighborhoods through open lines of communication and shared responsibilities and resources. The training program is a series of 13 classes, held on Thursday evenings (6:30pm to 9:30pm) and two Saturdays (8:00 am to 5:00pm) at the police station.  To graduate, each participant is required to attend at least 10 of the 13 classes. There is no cost for the academy. Graduates of the Grand Prairie Citizens Police Academy are not trained to be police officers or vigilantes. The purpose of the academy is to provide information to attendees to allow them to make informed judgments about the police department. Residents who live or work in Grand Prairie are invited to apply. Participants must agree to a background criminal history check, be 18 years old or older and not convicted of a felony. Please see our website for more information: CPA

How do I become a Grand Prairie Police Officer?
Please visit our website:Gppd

Who do I call to ask about a crime I reported?
You may call Investigative Services at 972 237-8750

How do I file a complaint about an Officer?
Texas law requires that all complaints against police officers must be in writing and the complaint must be notarized. Contact the Grand Prairie Police Department in person or by telephone 972-237-8790. You may download a complaint form from the Web site at: Complaint

How do I request a special patrol of my home or business?
Click on the "SECURITY CHECKS" folder above. Your home or business will then be checked by uniformed police officers or Citizens On Patrol when time and call load permits. The city of Grand Prairie cannot guarantee that this will keep your home or business from being damaged or broken into. Be sure to notify the police if you return earlier than scheduled.

How can I commend an officer for a job well done?
Please click on the "OFFICER COMMENDATION" folder above to submit a commendation for a particular Grand Prairie Police Officer or Civilian employee who has impressed you with a job well done.

How do I get an alarm permit?
There are two alarm permits available -- Residential or Commercial. Applications can be downloaded by going to: Alarm Permit Annual Permit Fees Residential Burglar Alarm $30 Burglar and Fire $50. Business Burglar Alarm $50 Burglar and Fire $75 Financial $100 (Non-Financial Alarm Users) On Dec. 4, 1984, the Grand Prairie City Council passed ordinance #3716 concerning the regulation of alarm systems within the city. The ordinance requires that commercial, residential and multi-family alarm users in the city obtain permits to remain active. The ordinance was modified in January of 1992. Alarm Permits are handled by Grand Prairie Municipal Court at the Frank W. Robertson Municipal Court Building 200 W. Main St. Grand Prairie 75050 Mon-Thu, 7:00am to 6:00pm Phone: 972-237-8652

How can I get a home or business security inspection?
To qualify for a Texas Department of Insurance 5% premium reduction certificate your home must meet the following guidelines. EXTERIOR DOORS: Must be solid core wood or metal clad, 1 3/8” thick and secured by a dead-bolt lock. This also includes the passage door from the house to the garage. LOCKS: Deadbolt locks must lock with a minimum bolt throw of one inch, which penetrates a metal striker plate. There also need to be 3” screws attaching the strike plate. DOUBLE DOORS: Must meet the specifications for exterior doors and have an inactive door secured by header and threshold bolts that penetrate a metal striker plate. SLIDING GLASS DOORS: Must be secured by a secondary locking device that prevents lifting and prying. WINDOWS: Must be secured by an auxiliary locking device or be drilled and pinned. GARAGE DOORS: Must be secured by a locking device or have a garage door opener installed. To qualify for an additional 15% premium reduction certificate you must have an alarm system that meets the following criteria in addition to the above listed requirements: ALARM SYSTEM: All exterior openings must be connected to the alarm system, system must have an interior and exterior siren installed, be UL approved and monitored by a UL approved company. (All exterior windows, doors, and garage doors.) For an appointment contact a Crime Prevention Officer: You may contact: Officer JD West 972-237-8966 or email:jwest@gptx.org Sgt. David Blair 972 237-8769 or email:dblair@gptx.org

How can I get a copy of my Criminal History?
The Grand Prairie Police Department does not have the authority to provide citizens a copy of their own or anyone else`s criminal history. See Criminal History

How do I get a copy of my Grand Prairie Police Time Served records?
This must be done in person with a photo I.D. You may visit our records lobby in the Public Safety Building, 2nd Floor at 1525 Arkansas Lane, Grand Prairie, TX 75052. Records information is never released by phone.

How can I view a list of the Registered Sex Offenders in the city?
You can now view all registered sex offenders online by going to the State of Texas Website: Sex Offender This website allows you to review offenders by name, address, zip code and county.

How do I find out if my personal property has been turned in to the Police Department?
Unfortunately all items lost or stolen are not found, recovered or turned in to the Police Department. When property has been turned in the Police Department will notify the proper owner(s), if the owner(s) information is available on said property. You may contact the Property & Evidence Division by e-mail: pdproperty@gptx.org or by phone at 972 237-8861. If you send a request in by e-mail, please include a complete description of item(s), with your name and phone number and the Property Technician will notify you if the item comes into the Police Department.

How do I apply for a Solicitors Permit?
Soliciting is permitted Mon-Sat 9:00am-8:00pm (No Soliciting on Sunday`s or Major Holiday). You must make an APPOINTMENT for an ID Card 972-237-8790. Solicitation Permit Applications are available to the public at the Grand Prairie Police Departments Records Division at 1525 Arkansas Lane, Grand Prairie, TX 75052 OR/you may download the applications at: Solicitors Permit Completed applications will be accepted Monday-Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm. Steps taken when applying for a door-to-door solicitation permit: 1.Payment of current application fees $50.00 is made. 2.Copy of State issued Driver License and/or Identification. 3.Photograph taken at the Police Department. 4.All solicitors will be reviewed for arrest history.

Stolen/Missing License Plate
Stolen/Missing License Plate - you must report the stolen or missing plate to the city police where the plate was stolen or missing from. Texas Laws require a front and back plate. In addition to reporting the plate missing or stolen, you must contact the reflective county Tax Office and get a set of replacements for only $7.00. Ignoring this step could create a law violation for the driver. Not having both plates clearly displayed is an offense which is a misdemeanor punishable by a fine not to exceed $200.

Back To FAQ List

Request in process, please wait...